Thursday, September 7, 2017

~FARMER'S MARKET SNAPSHOTS





Before moseying into fall, I wanted to post some pics I took at the NC Farmer's Market in late June.  My 13-year-old nephew was in town, plus it was my birthday, so it was a nice little outing, despite the sweltering heat.☺






Someone was selling vintage china with air plants sitting inside.  I'm glad I was able to buy a teacup and saucer, along with a little bowl.























Butterbeans are one of my favorite late-summer things.  How do I cook them?  I put them in a pot; cover with water; bring to a boil; and simmer for 30-45 minutes.  Sometime during that time, I add butter and salt.  I like my butterbeans to be sitting in buttery "broth" when I eat them, so I don't cook all of the water out.  After being refrigerated, any remaining liquid has usually been absorbed, so I add a bit of water (and some more butter) to my bowl before reheating a serving.  Apple cider vinegar is also really good on them--as it is on green beans, black-eyes peas, and collard greens, btw ;)







I love all of the fun colors in these blossoms and buckets.  There was a plastic tarp hanging above these, and someone saw that I was trying to take a pic of them and offered to hold it up so I could do so.
















~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment