Friday, October 26, 2012

~NATURAL PHENOMENON OF THE DAY


 
"Then God said, 'Let the earth produce every sort of animal...small animals that scurry along the ground, and wild animals [and reptiles that can run on water]'.  And that is what happened."
~ Genesis 1:24 (altered a bit by me, of course) ☺ ~

~ ~ ~
 
My little sister got married this past Saturday, and sometime during the wedding or preceding festivities, I picked up a nasty virus--don't know if it was the flu, but it would seem so to me (based upon the symptoms I have experienced in previous years, along with the outcome I received on this flu assessment test).  I got my flu shot nine days before I came down with said virus--a bit short of the fourteen days it supposedly takes to develop full immunity.  Bah!  I had an edgy feeling that I was getting my shot a bit late this year.

At first I thought I had come down with a cold as a result of being outside for over 6 hours on a very chilly October night (as both the ceremony and reception were al fresco).  I'm very glad there were plenty of electric heaters under which I was able to hover; otherwise, I might have had to scamper home before everything had wrapped up (thereby missing the exit the newlyweds made by running through handheld sparklers).

The nice lady who administered my shot at my local Kroger pharmacy and I discussed flu-shot timing.  I asked her if I got the flu shot as soon as it became available if it would be effective throughout the entire flu season, and she said it would.  For the past several years, I have been waiting until mid-October or so to get my shot, but I plan to get vaccinated as soon as I can from here on out--I think that's usually at the end of September.  I'm wondering if the vaccine lessened the severity and duration of my flu bout, not that it wasn't a very unhappy and trying experience for me indeed (I know, I know, let the violins start playing). 

I feel I also may have benefited from taking some Emergen-C Immune+ FormulaAnd, I must give kudos to Gabriel the cat, who curled up next to me and kept me company.  I only wish I could find something to relieve the terrible sore throat I always get when I have the flu--it's the worst part of the whole deal for me by far--even worse than all of the congestion my nose and lungs accumulate (and if you think any of this is funny, believe me, it's "snot" ☺.
 
Anywho, as I was lying in bed in the middle of the night, convalescing and unable to sleep, I started to channel-surf, and I happened upon Animal Planet.  Lo and behold, they were running a segment about a reptile that has been dubbed the "Jesus Christ Lizard," due to its ability to run on water.  Now, can said lizard walk on water?  I don't believe so, but that's not a super-important distinction, or at least I believe one could overlook it with a wink and a nod in such a case as this.

Here are some videos of this Lordly lizard (not to be sacrilegious, mind you) in action.  Now, all I want to see him do is multiply loaves and fishes and turn water into wine ☺.

   




*Is it not a bit ironic that in the video above, our running reptile is being pursued by a serpent, of all things?!  I think not ;)
 


 






*In the video above, we find out that this type of lizard also plays dead and then comes back to life.  Now, this isn't a perfect parallel to Christ's life, as we all know that Jesus really, truly died before being raised from the dead, but I can't help but mention it ;)
 




There are some who might find the following photo that I came across to be very amusing, and some might turn up their noses at it, and some might  be offended by it, but I've decided to post it, as I'm in the first category--no disrespect intended!


~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment