Tuesday, March 20, 2012

~THE TEACHER




"The Lord is my teacher.  I shall not want.  He maketh me to learn in God's out-of-doors.  He teacheth me by his written Word.  He instructeth my soul.  He guideth me in the paths of true knowledge for his name's sake.  Yea, when the day's task is done, and life's lessons have been learned, I will fear no evil, for thou wilt be with me, My Teacher and my Comforter still.  Thou teachest even my enemies to become pupils of the Great Teacher.  Thou leadest me gently from the known to the unknown.  Thou givest me satisfaction in my day's work.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall be a learner in the school of the Great Teacher forever."

~Frederic S. Goodrich~

~ ~ ~

"Besides being wise, the Preacher also taught the people knowledge, weighing and studying and arranging proverbs with great care.  The Preacher sought to find pleasing words, and uprightly he wrote words of truth.  The sayings of the wise are like goads, and like nails firmly fixed are the collected sayings which are given by one Shepherd.  My son, beware of anything beyond these.  Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh.  The end of the matter; all has been heard.  Fear God, and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man."
~Ecclesiastes 12:9-13 (RSV)~

~ ~ ~

"You all have a single Teacher, and you are all classmates."
~Matthew 23:8b (MSG)~

~ ~ ~

"Let no one deceive himself. If any one among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.  For the wisdom of this world is folly with God. For it is written, 'He catches the wise in their craftiness,' and again, 'The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.'  So let no one boast of men. For all things are yours, whether Paul or Apol'los or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future, all are yours; and you are Christ's; and Christ is God's."  
~1 Corinthians 3:18-23 (RSV)~ 

~ ~ ~

"...as for knowledge, it will pass away.  For our knowledge is imperfect...but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away."
~1 Corinthians 13:8-10 (RSV)~

~ ~ ~

*Image reblogged

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment