Wednesday, March 21, 2012

~POEM FOR THE DAY



~ Food and Colour ~

Many different plants will furnish
daily food an insect needs;

But it always takes the colour
from the leaf on which it feeds.

Christians often from the Bread of heaven
 turn to earthly fare,

But a little change of colour--to their shame--
they always wear.

If on Christ, the Lamb, we're feeding,
we'll present a heavenly blue,

But the tastes of earthly follies
change us to another hue.

~Author Unknown~

~ ~ ~

Hmmm...what colour (love that British spelling!) would I be? I suppose I would diverge from the heavenly blue just a bit, if only so I could head over into the purples and become my favorite shade:
periwinkle

~ ~ ~

Though, if my hue were to reflect what earthly food I eat the most, I would probably be the color of McDonald's.  Aren't their french fries the best?

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment