Tuesday, February 14, 2012

~IN HIM YE MIGHT HAVE...



A Devotional by Amy Carmichael:

John 16:33a:
 These things I have spoken unto you,
that in Me ye might have peace.

These words have brought peace to me this morning.  Sometimes our circumstances are so peaceful that without knowing it we slip into finding our peace in them.  Then something happens to disturb them and our peace is disturbed.  Sometimes those about us are so dear that our hearts rest in them, and this is good, but it is not enough, for what if one in whose love we trust should disappoint us?

Our Lord did not say, "These things I have spoken unto you that in your circumstances ye might have peace"; or, "These things I have spoken unto you that in the love of others ye might have peace"; but He did say, "These things"--things of wonder, joy, sorrow, preparation--"I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace."...Is there any surprise of grief that our dear Lord has not foreseen?  Is there any wound to love that His love has not suffered?  "These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace."

~ ~ ~

"God says, 'My son, give Me your heart and let your eyes keep to My ways' (Proverbs 23:26).  Oh, may we always lovingly respond, 'With all my heart...I will obey Your decrees' (Psalm 119:145)."
~Donald L. Deffner~

~ ~ ~

*Image reblogged

~

No comments:

Post a Comment