Monday, October 31, 2011

~A PUMPKIN PRAYER



The following "Pumpkin Prayer" was written by Liz Curtis Higgs.  I came across it online, and it might be included in a children's book which she wrote: The Pumpkin Patch Parable.  I think this pumkin-carving-poem is perfect for those who are young--and those who are young at heart.

~ ~ ~

{cut off top of pumpkin}
Lord, open my mind so I can learn new things about you.

{remove innards}
Remove the things in my life that don’t please you.
Forgive the wrong things I do and help me to forgive others.

{cut open eyes}
Open my eyes to see the beauty you’ve made in the world around me.

{cut out nose}
I’m sorry for the times I’ve turned my nose at the good food you provide.

{cut out mouth}
Let everything I say please You.

{light the candle}
Lord, help me show your light to others through the things I do. Amen

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment