Sunday, June 19, 2011

~FATHER LOVE



Here is a portion of a note which author Nancy Kennedy wrote to her two daughters.  I think it's very appropriate for Father's Day, and it seems like such an important thing for parents to impress upon their children...

"Alison and Laura, above all, I want you to know that you are loved.  Your dad and I love you imperfectly, but you have a Father in heaven who loves you perfectly.  We have and will disappoint you, but God never will.  I want you to know that deeply and intimately."

~ ~ ~

Even a father who is striving to "do right" by his children, who is wanting to do his best in being a godly role model, will never be perfect, and his children need to know that.  However, I would think it probably isn't that hard for them to tell whether their dad has their best interest at heart and is really trying to take the high road in his roles as parent and husband.

This leads me to another quotation which I like by
Ergun Mehmet Caner...

"Without words, men and women can testify of Jesus Christ.  When a man lives out his life as a demonstration of the sacrificial love of Christ toward his wife and daughters, he becomes a living sermon.  This type of humility and devotion to Christ will not go unnoticed in a world dying to know what true love is."

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment