Thursday, April 28, 2011

~APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS




I Saw God Wash the World
By William L. Stidger

I saw God wash the world last night
    With His sweet showers on high,
And then, when morning came, I saw
    Him hang it out to dry.

He washed each tiny blade of grass
    And every trembling tree;
He flung his showers against the hill,
    And swept the billowing sea.

The white rose is a cleaner white,
    The red rose is more red,
Since God washed every fragrant face
    And put them all to bed.

There's not a bird, there's not a bee
    That wings along the way
But is a cleaner bird and bee
    Than it was yesterday.

I saw God wash the world last night.
    Ah, would He had washed me
As clean of all my dust and dirt
    As that old white birch tree.

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment