Tuesday, November 16, 2010

~Encourage Yourself


One day I came across the lyrics to a song called "Encourage Yourself," by Donald Lawrence and The Tri-City Singers, and they really resonated with me...

Sometimes you have to encourage yourself.
Sometimes you have to speak victory during the test.
And no matter how you feel,
Speak the word and you will be healed;
Speak over yourself,
Encourage yourself in the Lord.

Sometimes you have to speak the word over yourself,
The pressure is all around,
But God is present help.
The enemy created walls,
But remember giants, they do fall;
Speak over yourself,
Encourage yourself in the Lord.

As I minister to you, I minister to myself,
Life can hurt you so,
'Til you feel there's nothing left.
(No matter how you feel),
(Speak the word and you will be healed).

Speak over yourself.

I'm encouraged.
I'm encouraged.
I'm encouraged.
I'm encouraged.

~ ~ ~

"And the people, that is, the men of Israel, encouraged themselves and again formed the battle line at the place where they had put themselves in array on the first day."
~Judges 20:22, NKJV~

"And David was greatly distressed...but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God."
~1 Samuel 30:6, KJV~

"Then everyone was encouraged..."
~Acts 27:36, NLT~

"I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles my joy knows no bounds."
~2 Corinthians 7:4b, NIV~

"Finally, brothers, rejoice. Be restored, be encouraged, be of the same mind, be at peace, and the God of love and peace will be with you."
~2 Corinthians 13:11, HCSB~

"So we who have found safety with him are greatly encouraged to hold firmly to the hope placed before us."
~Hebrews 6:18b, GNT~

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment